Wednesday, August 1, 2012

#1 The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

This novel has maintained my attention thus far. It surprised  me when I found out that the reason Mr. Shears moved away was because he was cheating on Mrs. Shears.

I am suspicious about Mrs. Alexander because she is always mentioning how she sees Christopher walking to school or in his room on the computer all the time. Also, how did she know that Christopher's mother was cheating? I find her character a little eccentric.

I'm glad that Christopher's  father fought for him to take A-level math, since it meant so much to his son. It lets the reader know that his father does care about him and what he desires. I hope Christopher gets an A for math just to spite the principal that didn't want him to do it.

I like the format of the novel; the lack of format, rather. I also like the way he uses prime numbers because it's just different and unique. It's things like that, that get you to remember the book  more.

I am still a little fuzzy on the fact that Christopher depends on colors of car in a row to determine which days are good, and which days are bad. How did he think of this? What made him decide that four yellow cars is a Black Day and five red cars in a row is a Super Good Day? Why not three black cars in a row is a Good Day and four green cars is a Really Bad Day?

I'm held in suspense as the journey continues to find out who killed Wellington.

No comments:

Post a Comment