Monday, July 23, 2012

the curious incident of the dog in the night time3

When I read the end of the book I can honestly say I was thoroughly pleased. I feel as if Christopher's character has developed into learning the feeling of forgiveness, because when he first found out his father killed Wellington and lied about his mother being dead, he wanted to run away and never return, let alone speak to him. But by the end, with much reinforcement from the environment around him, he learns to talk to him and he states how he helps him in the garden and such. I also paid attention to the way the other characters grew. Christopher's mother has accepted him as a part of her life and leaves Roger, which was a good choice in my opinion because Roger did not know how to handle being around Christopher and often made a sarcastic or rude remark, of which Christopher did not pay attention to, but it still showed his true colors. I am proud of both parents for settling their differences at the end and not arguing for Christopher's sake. The last paragraph also puts a smile on my face because of the way Christopher is describing how now, he feels as if he can do anything, because of his accomplishment of an A on his math's test, and the completion of a novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment