Thursday, July 26, 2012

Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time


I really like this book because I can connect to how the main character, Christopher, feels considering my brother also has a mild case of autism. There's certain things that bother them like how loud a sound is or how something feels. I think it's cool how interested Christopher is in the case of the murder of Mrs. Shears's dog. But I don't like how his father treats him and it's the same with how my dad treats my brother. They see the children as kids who don't act smart even though they really are. They're both really good at math but when they do stupid things they get called "retarded" and I think that's just cruel. I watch my dad and read about Christopher's father being mean to their sons and it breaks my heart to see that they don't understand how the autistic mind works. Therefore, they think the only way to help them is by yelling at them and calling them names. I hope to read further into the book that Christopher's father learns to accept his disability in a positive manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment