Monday, July 30, 2012

A Long Way Down #1

I liked starting the book because I knew that 4 people end up on a really high roof together wanting to end their own lives.  I read a lot at first just to find out their names, why they were up there, and what stopped them from jumping if they didn’t jump.  I also wanted to know how they would interact with each other (mean, nice, social, and silent).  They all had different attitudes when up there. Martin thinks about what he has done to himself, (losing his job and wife, and going to prison).   Maureen doesn’t know what to do with her life because of her disabled child, and she feels like she has nothing to live for.  Jess resorted to suicide when her boyfriend Chas broke up with her and Chas never explained why he did.   JJ felt like Maureen even though he was a lot younger, he still felt like he had nothing to live for. Now that I know more about all the characters I am still curious and interested on what is going to happen to them throughout the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment