Tuesday, July 17, 2012

#3 The Girl Who Fell from the Sky

I'm glad Rachel finally remembered what had happened up on the roof. I think in the end, she came to the conclusion that this was one thing Mor couldn't protect her family from. She knew her mom loved her. I feel like she needed to tell somebody what had happened that day so she could move on. I still wonder if Brick had told her what Roger wanted her to know, besides that he used to live in Chicago too. I also wonder what the exact reason for her father not being there is. I would think it's a good one because he seems to care about Rachel a lot. It was a surprise to me when Rachel finally revealed what she remembered. This whole time I figured somebody had pushed the family. It was a homicide case. It was really Mor that had done it. I guess I didn't suspect the mother to be a victim because, well, she's a mother. What mom would push her kids, including herself, over the edge? She did it to protect the family because she did not know any other way to keep her babies safe from everything harmful in the world. This novel made you think a lot throughout the story. From growing up, to right and wrong, and to the meaning of love. I recommend this to any young adult who likes mysteries. The Girl Who Fell from the Sky- literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment