Monday, July 16, 2012

Defending Jacob 2

One way I can relate to this book and the main characters in it, like Andy and Jacob is that I too have an ancestor in my family with the same characteristics as the ancestors of Andy and Jacob. His name was Shahin Matraku. He lived in Albania in the late 1,800s, and at that time the country was really poor. He kidnapped and held people hostage until he was paid. He was the leader of a group of people who worked for him. In 1884 he kidnapped an agent of the British and Foreign Bible Society. The man lived and wrote his story. The book he wrote is called "Captured by Brigands". The book is the reason why I know so much about my ancestor Shahin Matraku. In my opinion thought, I do not believe Shahin was a murderer or passed "the murder gene" (which is talked about in "Defending Jacob"). I think that Shahin did what he had to do to feed his family in those difficult times.

No comments:

Post a Comment