Monday, July 30, 2012

Defending Jacob Post 3

I can’t imagine what it’s like for Andy to take the stand after his wife Laurie is severely injured and about to be put in jail and with his son dead.  I respect Andy’s composure; he is devastated but still has the self-control to go on the stand. I think this straightforward tone of Andy throughout the entire book, especially during his questioning in the second trial, makes the ending great.  What happened in the last chapter was a complete shock and something I did not expect.  I never expected Laurie to attempt suicide with Jake in the car. The change of life-style, the pressure, or the belief that Jake committed murder must have forced her to do this action. This leaves the audience to choose whether Jake murdered those two people or not which is an ending I think nobody expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment