Monday, September 3, 2012

Revolution 1:

As I have started to read Revolution (by Jennifer Donnelly) I began to quickly realize how much Andi and myself have in common. Andi was as close to her brother, Truman, as I am to my sister. One thing that isn't the same is that my 10 year old sister is still alive. Truman was also 10 years old when he died, and as soon as this happened her life began to change dramatically. Andi's mother was put into a deep depression, Andi began to doing poorly in school (to a point that she almost didn't graduate), and her father met someone new. Although all of these events are opposite to my life, the small details about Andi, is what I have in common with her. We both look at playing music as a way to escape and to show our feelings in a different way. I predict that Andi's father will come to Andi's side and to try to help her so she still has a chance to graduate. I predicted this since the book mentioned that Andi hasn't seen her father in a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment