Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Defending Jacob 2

After Andy finds out about Father O'Leary, I am not so sure that Patz did indeed kill himself. I believe that Andy's father had O'Leary protect Andy and Jacob throughout the entire novel, and once O'Leary saw how the evidence was against turning Jacob in court, he killed Patz to save him, probably as requested by Andy's father. However, I believe that by now if Jacob had committed the crime he would have said something by now. I don't think that he could hide it so well from his family, and continue to live under the pressure from the media and the community for so long. Also, I find it too coincidental that Patz had a knife similar to one that could have killed Ben, and it is possible that Ben knew who Patz was that day in the woods when he supposedly said "hey faggot."

No comments:

Post a Comment