Thursday, July 5, 2012

Paper Towns 3


In the beginning of the book, I depicted Lacey Pemberton as stuck-up because of the way Margo described her that night with Quentin. I thought she was stuck-up because Margo explained how she was judgmental of her during the course of their friendship. However, my impression of her was wrong after Margo ran away, and she joined the three boys in a search. This is when her character changed in my opinion. She helped in any way she could, proving that she really does care for Margo and wants to find her. She continued to prove me wrong, but near the end of the book when she joined the boys on the road trip was when I was fully convinced about her intentions. Not only was she organized and became close friends with each of the boys, but she didn’t care if her reputation was going to be ruined because she was seen with them, which is something that I thought she cared about in the beginning of the story. After reading this book, I think Lacey is caring, confident, and self-assured; the complete opposite of what I thought of her in the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment