Monday, July 9, 2012

Ghosts Of War #3

I finished reading Ghosts Of War a couple days ago, and it was a good book!
In the last few chapters, Ryan returns home and he keeps thinking about Iraq. He thinks (at one point) that theres someone in the house trying to kill Heather and him. If I was in Heathers place, I would want him to go talk to someone. I would be terrified if I woke up and my husband was worried about someone in the house trying to kill us. I would want the best for him.
I can't imagine the kind of stress Ryan is going through and how he feels about the war and everything.

I don't have any connections to the book because I don't know anyone in the war.

3 comments:

  1. The connection doesn't have to be literal - so even if you don't know anyone in war, you could still connect to the text in other ways. Does the text remind you of any others you have read? Does the protagonist's story remind you of any others you have read about? or you, at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I chose this book because I didn't really have any knowledge about war. And I continue to see in the news that soldiers are being killed or seriously injured. I also understand that those returning from the warzone are not being treated for post tramatic stress disorder. In my opinion, these men were willing to give up their lives and yet they are not getting the appropriate medical treatement they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! That's a way to respond to a text that has no apparent relevance to you.

    ReplyDelete