Wednesday, July 11, 2012

#3 Paper Towns

Wow. The way the author wrote the ending really made me feel the emotions being played. I did like the conclusion and when Margo told Q about the story she wrote when she was ten years old. I would have liked if Margo was willing to go back to Orlando, but of of course she had to be Margo and travel to various places. I wouldn't mind if Quentin decided to stay with Margo, but he couldn't. I understand why Quentin couldn't follow her. It's like being on vacation. You're so happy to leave your town and it feels so good to get away. Then you don't want to go back home. You want to stay there forever. But you have to go back because you've built your life there, "-you go to high school so you can go to college so you can get a good job so you can get a nice house so you can afford to send your kids to college so they can get a good job so they can get a nice house so they can afford to send their kids to college." (pg. 30)

I always had a feeling that Margo liked Quentin. I'm glad Q, Lave, Ben, and Radar drove the excruciating nineteen hours to find her, and to find her alive. This novel was exhilarating and even though i couldn't directly relate to the character and their problems, I felt like I actually had to deal with them while I read. This is a very good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment