Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time 1

The authors style of writing and the way he wrote the book is very engaging! When I am reading, I don't want to put the book down! I like how Mark Haddon used prime numbers for each chapter due to the fact that Christopher likes prime numbers. The way he wrote the book, in the perspective of a boy that is 15 years, 3 months, and 2 days old is as if its a journal. I find it easier to understand like this. As I read, I put myself in the position of the different events that he decides to take. I feel bad for him since he's trying to solve the crime and everyone is telling him it's not his place to help out. It is also pretty sad that he doesn't have a mother since she died of a heart attack. I also feel bad for him because of the way the police officer treats him in the beginning of the book. Christopher didn't mean to hit the cop. But, because of his autism, he slapped the cop and it got him in trouble, along with a trip to the jail cell. I don't blame him for hitting the police officer since the cop placed his hand on Christopher when he has a problem and doesn't like being touched by anyone. I predict that Christopher will get in trouble with more people and become distant from his father cause of the way Christopher is disobeying his dads rules of staying out of people's business. Already, Christopher said that he wasn't going to listen and therefore, I smell trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment