Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ghosts of War 2

It's extremely touching when they arrive in the United States from being in Iraq. When they clap and cheer, Ryan relates it to kids on Christmas day. I can picture the joy and happiness in their hearts since I was one of those anxious kids! Although Ryan connects their excitement with a little kid opening gifts, he can also relate it to the joy and happiness that it brings parents to watch their kids open up their brand new toys. I can remember a time when my mother and father had huge smiles on their faces that lit up the room as I opened up my presents. While reading this, I felt their excitement and cheerfulness as they arrived in America. It's a good feeling that means a lot to them and they are glad to be able to take a break from the war in Iraq and visit home. The sad thing is that they have to get back on the plane to go back into Iraq when their time at home is over. I feel bad for them because it's like a teaser. They get a small taste of home and then they have to suffer in the war again. However, I'm so glad that they got the chance to visit their home town as a break from war to see their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment